Thursday, September 18, 2008

Obsession

I feel like I have tried every makeup primer on the market and I still don't understand them.

Either they smear my makeup all over my face or do nothing at all.

What I needed was a product to keep my face from melting my foundation and concealer away by lunchtime. Revlon Colorstay Foundation was not enough on it's own.

Finally, I found love:



It's Shisheido Ultimate Sun Protection Lotion SPF 55 PA+++

It's not designed as a primer but as a high SPF sunscreen. It makes my skin matte but not dry and my makeup lasts not only through lunch, but into the evening as well.

Sephora describes the product as: "A highly nourishing sunscreen lotion for the face and body that defends against powerful UVA/UVB rays that cause sunburn, cell damage, and the premature signs of aging. Provides excellent hydrating benefits to fight dryness and maintain skin's optimal moisture. Formulated with the retexturizing ingredient Xylitol to counteract roughness and keep skin looking soft and healthy and with antioxidant Thiotaurine. Can be applied easily and covers skin evenly, leaving no visible white residue or trace of stickiness. Very water-resistant, perspiration-resistant, and PABA-free."

I think it's the water resistance and Xylitol that keep my skin so matte.

Just a note - this product is not oil free! So for you super duper oily ladies out there this may not be for you.

No comments: