Monday, August 4, 2008

For Those Of Y'all That Wear Fanny Packs!

I own a fanny pack.
I never get to wear it.
The first time I met my current co-workers, I was out with a good friend. It was right after finishing my left wing Liberal Arts experience and I didn't give a damn what people thought. I just needed a decent place to hold my keys and wallet and enjoyed the liberation of my shoulders.
But apparently, wearing fanny packs is a really big deal.

To this day, the vision of me in my carefully chosen black LeSportSac pack is the butt of many jokes.

Here it is in all it's glory:


On a very rare occasion, like a trip to Disney, I will I pull out the pack. I figure, amongst so many fanny pack wearing men AND women I won't stand out.
There was even a brief moment where I thought they might come "back". Carrie Bradshaw was totting a Dior (or Gucci?) pack - I thought "Here is my chance!". But alas, the fad never caught on.



No comments: